Wednesday, July 09, 2008

More Tech News--I See You, Do You See Me?


I just noticed that Google has a Maps feature called Street View that allows one to see, at street level view, the neighborhoods that one selects. I thought that this feature might be only for the main streets of major cities, but there is a panoramic view not only of my home city, but my entire neighborhood. It's cool, but kinda creepy.

By the look of my house, it was shot in Spring of last year, on a weekend, with rather warm temperatures. The trash cans are out, which means it's Sunday afternoon. I was home at the time--my car is in the driveway, my back door is open. My neighbor's wife is at work. The other neighbors' parents are visiting. So, in Google Street View, I am always at home, the grass is always dead, and the door is always open.

Various groups are complaining about the feature. I can see its helpfulness, but I am wondering what's next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm always at home, the grass is always dead, and the door is always open."

I think Google Street View has captured your essence, Davo.