Friday, March 07, 2008

Not that You'd Know it Here...


...but it's Spring Break. 4 inches of snow so far, though it should still be falling for the next seven hours yet. My ThingsToDo list is outta control. But hey, I've got some groceries, my bread machine, 1800 books, and a can of cashews. I may actually be most of the way through my reading list by the time the rescue crews manage to come down the chimney.

Actual mental activity might return by tomorrow. Until then, I'm off to bed. If I never see an Elizabeth Bishop poem in the meantime, I certainly won't mind.
The picture above isn't of my neighborhood, but that of one of my poetry profs in West Lafayette. My car was parked between the two pickups. For some reason I got a ticket, with a given reason that I was in a 2-hour spot. Please note that there is no sign anywhere near the parking spot indicating that. I contested the ticket, and the ticket lady--no doubt an embittered soul (whose only feeling of power rests in jabbing orange envelopes into people's windows so that they freeze and cannot be removed without tearing, leaving half of the envelope stuck underneath the weatherstrip to fall into the window mechanism--not that I'm at all bitter about that), informed me that she would not waive the ticket, in spite of photographic evidence that there was no sign. This leaves me only one further option, which is to go to court to fight it. If I can get ticketed here, where can't I get ticketed? Also, please note that the two trucks--which were there at the same time, got snowed on, and were there the following morning when I took the pic don't have tickets. Grr.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah, take it to court. It's a pain, but...