Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Further Chain Personal Disclosure moment--You are Not Alone


Ah, another trope, this time with some freedom along with its restrictions. First, the small type:

1) We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2) Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3) People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
4) At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5) Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

I tend to only deal with chain stuff if it 1) involves thought, and 2) tends to not talk about angels, paying it forward, and my mom dying if I don't respond. This did none of those things under section 2 mentioned, so here I am. I'm essentially taking the lead of someone before me, who chooses the items specifically toward what is desired to be made public, yet to keep them marginally interesting. These are in no way put together as a survey that encapsulates the blogger as a whole. These are random facts, folks.

Considering that the government, thanks to wiretapping and the PATRIOT act (how much that sounds to me like a person with delusions of persecution, yet how likely it actually is) already knows these things and would be willing to make them public were I to run for office, I throw these eight out to the World At Large:

1) I was filmed for Czech national television, in the Cathedral of St. Bartholemew in Plzen, at a performance of Mozart's Requiem, in memory of those who died in the 9/11 attacks.

2) The longest-held job I held before my last position as a corporate trainer was my 4+ years as a professional egg-gatherer at Stoppenhagen Eggs.

3)I've pretended to be a street musician to pay for lunch, singing on public streets in Moscow for money in my year after graduating from college

4) Was threatened with immediate arrest due to unlawful assembly at the base of the Statue of Liberty for singing the National Anthem.

5) As a child my most terrifying dream was a regularly recurring one: I float over a flat screen-like field that has ever-changing black-and-white geometric patterns that run across it, while I have the overwhelming sensation that I am being taken over by an evil force. I find out decades later that I was part of a study that gathered information toward my father's dissertation, which, in part, uses an experiment that explores extending very young children's attention spans (and therefore increasing their intelligence) by putting the subjects in a darkened room with nothing else visible other than black and white geometric patterns projected on a screen. I was around 2-3 at the time.

6) I sang, as a member of the oldest existing Glee Club in America, for the prime minister of Fiji, who was later held hostage by men wielding lawnmower blade machetes as weapons. He remained a hostage for over three weeks.

7) People I don't know have tried, in at least two ways, to set my apartment on fire while I was sleeping in it.

8) Has dreams in full color, which evidently is unusual among the general populace. These dreams have voice-overs and soundtrack music like fully-produced films.

My list of possible subjects for blogging candor is rather short, considering I'm at the end of the blogging foodchain. I shall forward the challenge to as many as possible. They, being the quality people they are, will have interesting responses, I;m sure.

--Photo adapted from Anton Corbijn's video Never Let Me Down Again

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Well, well, well, nearly two decades later and there were two of these I didn't know.

(I see you are rather taken with Corbijn.)

Wishydig said...

Excellent facts. Make mine feel so...local.

But the oldest glee club? Purdue? Come now. Michigan's club has been around since 1859.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I misremember my facts. I think the loophole is that it is the oldest continually-run glee club or something like that...

Casey said...

I'm assuming the part about being in an experiment wasn't part of the dream, but actually happened, years later? -- if so, that's very double-double agent for the KGB (or is it CIA?!?).

Wishydig said...

It's about the harmony more than the history right?